Citizenship By Investment For Nigerians:
Gain second citizenship and a powerful second passport with visa-free travel to 140 countries, including the EU and UK, in 2 months from only $100,000.
Find out more - visit www.goldenvisas.com.ng now.
Looking for cheap flights from Uganda to Europe, Asia or East Africa? New African budget airline Vule Airways is set to offer you the cheapest domestic and international flights to and from Kampala and a range of Ugandan destinations. Instantly compare and book your own Vule flights online, or find out more about this budget airline here.
Founded in March 2017, Vule Airways (www.vuleairways.com) is a privately owned Ugandan budget airline. Headquartered at Kibuli Hill in Kampala, the airline was established to fill the gap left by the absence of an Ugandan national carrier. The company is 55% owned by Ugandan investors, with non-Ugandan investors holding the remaining 45% shareholding. The airline is currently awaiting its Air Operator’s Certificate from the Ugandan Civil Aviation Authority.
The airline plans to operate on a budget / no frills model, with a view to keep air ticket prices as affordable as possible for Ugandan travellers. It presently flies under the slogan “New Safari Airline”.
The name Vule was derived from the Muvule or mahogany tree, as the founders want the airline to be locally rooted, strong and beautiful.
The airline’s stated objective is to create jobs for young Ugandans, while also contributing to the Ugandan economy and helping stimulate regional trade by improving East African air connectivity.
It is expected that the airline will establish partnerships and codesharing agreements to ensure optimum domestic, regional and international route connectivity.
As has been the case in many African aviation markets, mismanagement and corruption has taken its toll on successive Ugandan airlines. Vule Airways seeks to start afresh, creating an East African example that bucks the trend on the African continent.
Key flight routes and destinations
The airline expects to commence scheduled flight operations in late Q4 2017, operating a fleet of 6 aircraft flying to 20 destinations across Africa, Europe and Asia.
The airline’s official launch will see it commencing passenger flights to 6 domestic destinations first. These launch destinations will include Entebbe, Arua, Kasese, Kisoro and Moroto in Uganda.
The airline also expects to launch flights to Kigali in Rwanda, Nairobi in Kenya, Dar es Salaam in Tanzania and Johannesburg in South Africa shortly thereafter. The airline also expects to launch flights to Juba in South Sudan, London Gatwick as well as to Tunis, Tunisia, in the near future.
Along these routes, the airline will face regional competition from the likes of Precision Air, Fly540, Jambojet, Jubba Airways, Kenya Airways , Ethiopian Airlines and possibly even Rwanda Air, in time.
Fleet deployment and additional destinations
It is expected that the airline will use a Dash 8-200 to cover domestic Ugandan flight routes, as well as the secondary regional services to Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Burundi and Somalia.
A single Dash 8-400 will be used for higher density regional services to destinations such as Malawi, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Botswana. To service its international flight routes to Nigeria, Angola, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), India, Israel, Namibia and Russia, 3 B737-700s will be used.
The airline is also expected to deploy a single B777-200 to fly to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Guangzhou in China and London Stansted International Airport.
Contacting Vule Airways
You can get in touch with Vule Airways on:
Telephone: +256 414 200 636 or +44 20 7486 2072 (Vule UK)
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.vuleairways.com – NOT www.flyvule.com or www.vule.com.ng