Looking for a Plan B outside of Nigeria in 2020? Discover the top destinations where affluent Nigerians are applying for residency and citizenship by investment, or contact us for more information.
Fly-Nigeria recently partnered up with a top Nigeria focussed Residency and Citizenship by Investment firm to help you establish a foothold abroad. Find out more below, or contact Golden Visas Nigeria below for more information.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS:
1) Antigua And Barbuda Citizenship Program: Get the world’s #27 passport and enjoy visa-free travel, or visa upon arrival, for over 150 countries. Antigua and Barbuda doesn’t charge any person income tax, and the corporate tax rate is set at 15%. You can apply for citizenship without the need for language proficiency tests or in-person interviews, and the process takes only 3 months. A non-refundable government donation of $200,000, or an eligible property investment of $400,000 gets you in. Service fees excluded.
2) St Lucia Citizenship By Investment Program 2020: A St Lucia passport gives you visa free travel to over 120 countries, or offers you a visa on arrival. Enjoy a host of tax benefits, and live la vida loca in one of the world’s most beautiful countries. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, and for both you and your spouse the cost of $165,000 excluding fees. For $190,000 you can get citizenship for yourself, your spouse and 2 dependent children.
3) Dominica Citizenship By Investment Program 2020: Offering one of the Caribbean’s top Citizenship By Investment Programmes, Dominica is an excellent choice for Nigerians seeking a back-up plan outside of Nigeria. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, or you can buy a government approved property for $200,000 or more to qualify. For a donation of only $175,000 both you and your spouse can obtain citizenship.
4) St Kitts And Nevis Citizenship Program: Enjoy visa-free travel, or visas upon arrival, in over 150 countries including the EU Schengen area and the British Commonwealth – not to mention the benefits of being a citizen of a Caribbean tax haven. To apply, you’ll need to make a non-refundable donation to the country’s Sugar Industry Diversification Fund, or invest $400,000 in a government approved property. Also, you don’t need to visit St Kitts and Nevis to make your application, and the process is fast and painless.
5) Grenada Citizenship By Investment Program: As a citizenship by investment destination, Grenada is an excellent choice for Nigerian nationals. Obtain Grenadian citizenship in only 60 days, and enjoy visa free travel to over 130 countries in the world. Grenada also recognises dual citizenship, so you don’t need to give up your Nigerian passport. A non-refundable donation of $200,000 excluding fees buys you citizenship for a family of 4 people.
6) Malta Citizenship By Investment Program:
Enjoy the benefits of EU residency by acquiring a property in Malta. The investment requirement for residency is buying an eligible property of €270,000 to €320,000, excluding professional service fees and sundry charges.
If you’re looking to obtain an EU passport by investment in under 1 year, Cyprus is an excellent choice. For a property investment of €2 million, you can obtain citizenship for yourself, your spouse and 2 children up to the age of 28 years, and even your parents are eligible to apply.
8) Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program:
Gain a Plan B in one of the world’s most beautiful countries with the Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program. A non-refundable government fund donation of $100,000 is required, plus an eligible property investments priced between €250,000 and $450,000.
9) Vanuatu Citizenship By Investment Program:
The Vanuatu Passport By Investment Program offers unrivalled value and one of the quickest application timeframes in the industry – only 60 days, start to finish. Priced from only $135,000 per single applicant, it also offers some of the best value for money on the market. The Vanuatu passport affords the bearer visa-free travel rights to over 120 countries worldwide, including Hong Kong, the UK, Ireland, Russia and the EU. Vanuatu is an exceedingly tax friendly country, and dual citizenship is recognised. In addition, it is one of the only countries in the world that accepts cryptocurrency payments for Citizenship By Investment applications from Nigeria.
10) Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program:
Launched in 2017 and now priced at only $250,000, the Turkey CIP enable Nigerian nationals to gain second citizenship by investment, along with a second passport, in under 6 months.
The Turkish passport affords the bearer visa-free travel, or a visa upon arrival, for over 110 countries around the world, including Brazil, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Lebanon, Argentina, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montenegro, Qatar, Morocco, South Africa, Botswana and Ukraine, to mention but a few.
In addition, it is likely that Turkey will enter a visa-free deal with the European Union in the near future, which would make their passport even more valuable.
What’s more, gaining Turkish Citizenship by property investment means that you will be eligible for the USA’s E2 Visa Program as well as the UK’s Turkish Businessperson Visa, affording you the opportunity to access the UK and the US – despite the Trump administration’s banning of Nigerian emigrants.
Another key benefit of Turkey’s golden passport program is that you only have to own the property for a period of 3 years – after that, you can sell the property and retain your second citizenship.
GLOBAL RESIDENCY PROGRAMM:
1) EU Schengen Residency By Investment:
The following EU countries offer foreign investors the ability to acquire residency rights by investment, with investment requirements starting from €270,000: Malta, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Belgium.
2) Canada’s Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (Quebec IIP):
In order for a Nigerian national to qualify for Canadian residency under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP), they will need to prove that they obtained a net worth of CAN $2 million or more, obtained through legal means as a professional employee or business owner, along with several other criteria pertaining to professional experience. In addition, you would be required to be able to make a loan to the Canadian government, on an interest free basis, for a period of at least 5 years.
3) UK Residence By Investment Program (Tier 1 Investor Visa):
While the program has come under increasing pressure in recent months, you can still apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa in 2019. The minimum investment requirement is £2 million.
4) UK Sole Representative Business Visa (UK Representative of an Overseas Business Visa)
This program is recommended for established Nigerian business owners with a monthly turnover of more than GBP 5,000 (GBP 60,000 per year). This UK business visa is issued on the basis of foreign company owners establishing a fully owned UK branch of their business, and acting as its sole representative in the United Kingdom. There is no investment requirement, no employment creation requirement and no minimum applicable stays, making this an excellent option for businesses seeking to access the UK and EU markets, but also for families seeking to have their children study in UK schools (free under the age of 18) or universities (subsidised). The spouse of the UK sole representative residency holder is allowed to live and work in the UK full-time, even if their spouse is not in the country all the time. All family members enjoy access to the National Health Service, and, provided they spend more than 180 days per year in the UK, can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain status (ILR) after 5 years.
The best part?
The entire process takes only 90 days, and at an inclusive cost of only GBP 22,500, it is one of the most affordable UK residency options on the market in 2020.
5) USA Residency By Investment (US EB-5 Visa Program):
An investment of no less than $900,000 is required to apply for an American EB-5 Investor Visa, yet the benefits of US residency are worth it. Find out more about how you can own The American Dream with an EB-5 investment residency.
6) Australia Residency By Investment (Significant Investor Visa Program
In order to apply for Australian residency under this program, you’ll be required to make an eligible investment of $5 million for a period of 4 years. In addition, you’ll be required to reside in Australia for at least 40 days per year. Additional program options include the Investor Stream and Premium Investor Stream Visas, with an investment requirement of $1.5 million and 10 million respectively.
7) New Zealand Residency By Investment (New Zealand Investor Visa Program):
The Investor 1 Visa category requires an investment of at least NZ$ 10 million over a 3 year period, and enables applicants to live, study and work in New Zealand.
8) Anguilla Residency By Investment (Anguilla Residency by Investment / ARBI):
Offering foreign investors an attractive taxation regime in a world class setting, the Anguilla investment residency program requires a non-refundable government donation of $150,000, or, alternatively, a qualifying real estate investment of no less than $750,000.
9) Irish Immigrant Investor Program (IIP) via the Irish Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF)
Investing €1 million in the Ireland Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF) for a period of 5 years enables non-EEA investors to obtain Irish Residency By Investment. With 6 to 9 months, you can obtain Stamp 4 residency status, issued for a period of 2 years, and renewable for 5 years, giving you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 24 the ability to live, study or start a business in Ireland. After an initial 5 year period, your residency can be renewed indefinitely every 5 years, provided that you remain financially stable and don’t become a burden to the Irish state. You also need to maintain your good international standing.
A key benefit of the Irish IIP program is that you only need to spend 1 day per year in Ireland. If you maintain in-country residency for 5 years, you will also become eligible to apply for Irish Citizenship.
10) Italy Elective Residence Program
The Italian Elective Residency Visa affords wealthy Nigerians earning over €31,60 per year in passive income (€38,000 for a married couple) the ability to obtain Italian residency without making any minimum capital investment in a business, property or government bonds. While you are expected to have a fixed address in Italy, a 12-month property lease agreement, paid upfront, can suffice to meet this requirement. It is, however, a notoriously difficult visa to apply for independently, so working with a specialist Italian immigration law firm is highly advisable.
11) Portugal Passive Income D7 Visa
For financially self-sufficient individuals earning a steady passive income from sources such as pension, royalties, fixed-rate interest on investments or dividends, the Portuguese D7 Passive Income Visa offers a faster, far more affordable alternative to the Portugal Golden Visa and similar programs. What’s more, the program offers a clear road to permanent residency and eventual citizenship, with the option of becoming a non-domiciled tax resident and enjoying no tax or a low taxation rate for a period of 10 years. As of 2020, the minimum qualifying income criteria are as follows:
- Single applicant: €7,620€ in passive income per year;
- Married couple:€7,620€ + €3,816 in passive income per year;
- Each additional minor dependent and financially dependent over 18: Additional €2,292 per year.
Contact us below to find out more.
Want to find out more about second residency and investment citizenship? Contact us today
To learn more or apply for second residency or citizenship outside of Nigeria, contact us now for more information.