Looking for a Plan B outside of Nigeria in 2020? Discover the top destinations where affluent Nigerians are applying for residency and citizenship by investment, or contact us for more information.
Fly-Nigeria recently partnered up with a top Nigeria focussed Residency and Citizenship by Investment firm to help you establish a foothold abroad. Find out more below, or contact Golden Visas Nigeria below for more information.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMMES:
1) Antigua And Barbuda Citizenship Programme: Get the world’s #27 passport and enjoy visa-free travel, or visa upon arrival, for over 150 countries. Antigua and Barbuda doesn’t charge any person income tax, and the corporate tax rate is set at 15%. You can apply for citizenship without the need for language proficiency tests or in-person interviews, and the process takes only 3 months. A non-refundable government donation of $200,000, or an eligible property investment of $400,000 gets you in. Service fees excluded.
2) St Lucia Citizenship By Investment Programme 2020: A St Lucia passport gives you visa free travel to over 120 countries, or offers you a visa on arrival. Enjoy a host of tax benefits, and live la vida loca in one of the world’s most beautiful countries. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, and for both you and your spouse the cost of $165,000 excluding fees. For $190,000 you can get citizenship for yourself, your spouse and 2 dependent children.
3) Dominica Citizenship By Investment Programme 2020: Offering one of the Caribbean’s top Citizenship By Investment Programmes, Dominica is an excellent choice for Nigerians seeking a back-up plan outside of Nigeria. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, or you can buy a government approved property for $200,000 or more to qualify. For a donation of only $175,000 both you and your spouse can obtain citizenship.
4) St Kitts And Nevis Citizenship Programme: Enjoy visa-free travel, or visas upon arrival, in over 150 countries including the EU Schengen area and the British Commonwealth – not to mention the benefits of being a citizen of a Caribbean tax haven. To apply, you’ll need to make a non-refundable donation to the country’s Sugar Industry Diversification Fund, or invest $400,000 in a government approved property. Also, you don’t need to visit St Kitts and Nevis to make your application, and the process is fast and painless.
5) Grenada Citizenship By Investment Programme: As a citizenship by investment destination, Grenada is an excellent choice for Nigerian nationals. Obtain Grenadian citizenship in only 60 days, and enjoy visa free travel to over 130 countries in the world. Grenada also recognises dual citizenship, so you don’t need to give up your Nigerian passport. A non-refundable donation of $200,000 excluding fees buys you citizenship for a family of 4 people.
6) Malta Citizenship By Investment Programme:
Enjoy the benefits of EU residency by acquiring a property in Malta. The investment requirement for residency is buying an eligible property of €270,000 to €320,000, excluding professional service fees and sundry charges.
7) Cyprus Citizenship By Investment Programme:
If you’re looking to obtain an EU passport by investment in under 1 year, Cyprus is an excellent choice. For a property investment of €2 million, you can obtain citizenship for yourself, your spouse and 2 children up to the age of 28 years, and even your parents are eligible to apply.
8) Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Programme:
Gain a Plan B in one of the world’s most beautiful countries with the Montenegro Citizenship Programme. A non-refundable government fund donation of $100,000 is required, plus an eligible property investments priced between €250,000 and $450,000.
9) Vanuatu Citizenship By Investment Programme:
The Vanuatu Passport By Investment Programme offers unrivalled value and one of the quickest application timeframes in the industry – only 60 days, start to finish. Priced from only $135,000 per single applicant, it also offers some of the best value for money on the market. The Vanuatu passport affords the bearer visa-free travel rights to over 120 countries worldwide, including Hong Kong, the UK, Ireland, Russia and the EU. Vanuatu is an exceedingly tax friendly country, and dual citizenship is recognised. In addition, it is one of the only countries in the world that accepts cryptocurrency payments for Citizenship By Investment applications from Nigeria.
10) Turkish Citizenship By Investment Programme:
Launched in 2017 and now priced at only $250,000, the Turkey CIP enable Nigerian nationals to gain second citizenship by investment, along with a second passport, in under 6 months.
The Turkish passport affords the bearer visa-free travel, or a visa upon arrival, for over 110 countries around the world, including Brazil, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Lebanon, Argentina, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montenegro, Qatar, Morocco, South Africa, Botswana and Ukraine, to mention but a few.
In addition, it is likely that Turkey will enter a visa-free deal with the European Union in the near future, which would make their passport even more valuable.
What’s more, gaining Turkish Citizenship by property investment means that you will be eligible for the USA’s E2 Visa Program as well as the UK’s Turkish Businessperson Visa, affording you the opportunity to access the UK and the US – despite the Trump administration’s banning of Nigerian emigrants.
Another key benefit of Turkey’s golden passport program is that you only have to own the property for a period of 3 years – after that, you can sell the property and retain your second citizenship.
GLOBAL RESIDENCY PROGRAMMES:
1) EU Schengen Residency By Investment:
The following EU countries offer foreign investors the ability to acquire residency rights by investment, with investment requirements starting from €270,000: Malta, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Belgium.
2) Canada’s Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme (Quebec IIP):
In order for a Nigerian national to qualify for Canadian residency under the Quebec Immigrant Investor Programme (QIIP), they will need to prove that they obtained a net worth of CAN $2 million or more, obtained through legal means as a professional employee or business owner, along with several other criteria pertaining to professional experience. In addition, you would be required to be able to make a loan to the Canadian government, on an interest free basis, for a period of at least 5 years.
3) UK Residence By Investment Programme (Tier 1 Investor Visa):
While the programme has come under increasing pressure in recent months, you can still apply for a UK Tier 1 Investor Visa in 2019. The minimum investment requirement is £2 million.
4) USA Residency By Investment (US EB-5 Visa Program):
An investment of no less than $900,000 is required to apply for an American EB-5 Investor Visa, yet the benefits of US residency are worth it. Find out more about how you can own The American Dream with an EB-5 investment residency.
5) Australia Residency By Investment (Significant Investor Visa Programme):
In order to apply for Australian residency under this programme, you’ll be required to make an eligible investment of $5 million for a period of 4 years. In addition, you’ll be required to reside in Australia for at least 40 days per year. Additional programme options include the Investor Stream and Premium Investor Stream Visas, with an investment requirement of $1.5 million and 10 million respectively.
6) New Zealand Residency By Investment (New Zealand Investor Visa Programme):
The Investor 1 Visa category requires an investment of at least NZ$ 10 million over a 3 year period, and enables applicants to live, study and work in New Zealand.
7) Anguilla Residency By Investment (Anguilla Residency by Investment / ARBI):
Offering foreign investors an attractive taxation regime in a world class setting, the Anguilla investment residency programme requires a non-refundable government donation of $150,000, or, alternatively, a qualifying real estate investment of no less than $750,000.
8) Irish Immigrant Investor Programme (IIP) via the Irish Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF)
Investing €1 million in the Ireland Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF) for a period of 5 years enables non-EEA investors to obtain Irish Residency By Investment. With 6 to 9 months, you can obtain Stamp 4 residency status, issued for a period of 2 years, and renewable for 5 years, giving you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 24 the ability to live, study or start a business in Ireland. After an initial 5 year period, your residency can be renewed indefinitely every 5 years, provided that you remain financially stable and don’t become a burden to the Irish state. You also need to maintain your good international standing.
A key benefit of the Irish IIP programme is that you only need to spend 1 day per year in Ireland. If you maintain in-country residency for 5 years, you will also become eligible to apply for Irish Citizenship.
Want to find out more about second residency and investment citizenship? Contact us today
To learn more or apply for second residency or citizenship outside of Nigeria, contact us now for more information.