Looking for a Plan B outside of Nigeria in 2022? Discover the top destinations where affluent Nigerians are applying for residency and citizenship by investment, or contact us for more information.
GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS:
1) Antigua And Barbuda Citizenship Program: Get the world’s #27 passport and enjoy visa-free travel, or visa upon arrival, for over 150 countries. Antigua and Barbuda doesn’t charge any person income tax, and the corporate tax rate is set at 15%. You can apply for citizenship without the need for language proficiency tests or in-person interviews, and the process takes only 3 months. A non-refundable government donation of $200,000, or an eligible property investment of $400,000 gets you in. Service fees excluded.
2) St Lucia Citizenship By Investment Program 2020: A St Lucia passport gives you visa free travel to over 120 countries, or offers you a visa on arrival. Enjoy a host of tax benefits, and live la vida loca in one of the world’s most beautiful countries. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, and for both you and your spouse the cost of $165,000 excluding fees. For $190,000 you can get citizenship for yourself, your spouse and 2 dependent children.
3) Dominica Citizenship By Investment Program 2020: Offering one of the Caribbean’s top Citizenship By Investment Programs, Dominica is an excellent choice for Nigerians seeking a back-up plan outside of Nigeria. A non-refundable government donation of $100,000 gets you citizenship, or you can buy a government approved property for $200,000 or more to qualify. For a donation of only $175,000 both you and your spouse can obtain citizenship.
4) St Kitts And Nevis Citizenship Program: Enjoy visa-free travel, or visas upon arrival, in over 150 countries including the EU Schengen area and the British Commonwealth – not to mention the benefits of being a citizen of a Caribbean tax haven. To apply, you’ll need to make a non-refundable donation to the country’s Sugar Industry Diversification Fund, or invest $400,000 in a government approved property.
Also, you don’t need to visit St Kitts and Nevis to make your application, and the process is fast and painless.
5) Grenada Citizenship By Investment Program: As a citizenship by investment destination, Grenada is an excellent choice for Nigerian nationals. Obtain Grenadian citizenship in only 60 days, and enjoy visa free travel to over 130 countries in the world. Grenada also recognises dual citizenship, so you don’t need to give up your Nigerian passport. A non-refundable donation of $200,000 excluding fees buys you citizenship for a family of 4 people.
6) Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program:
Gain a Plan B in one of the world’s most beautiful countries with the Montenegro Citizenship By Investment Program. A non-refundable government fund donation of $100,000 is required, plus an eligible property investments priced between €250,000 and $450,000.
7) Vanuatu Citizenship By Investment Program:
The Vanuatu Passport By Investment Program offers unrivalled value and one of the quickest application timeframes in the industry – only 60 days, start to finish. Priced from only $135,000 per single applicant, it also offers some of the best value for money on the market.
The Vanuatu passport affords the bearer visa-free travel rights to over 120 countries worldwide, including Hong Kong, the UK, Ireland, Russia and the EU. Vanuatu is an exceedingly tax friendly country, and dual citizenship is recognised. In addition, it is one of the only countries in the world that accepts cryptocurrency payments for Citizenship By Investment applications from Nigeria.
8) Turkish Citizenship By Investment Program:
Launched in 2017 and now priced at $400,000, the Turkey CIP enable Nigerian nationals to gain second citizenship by investment, along with a second passport, in under 6 months.
The Turkish passport affords the bearer visa-free travel, or a visa upon arrival, for over 110 countries around the world, including Brazil, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Lebanon, Argentina, Chile, Iran, Iraq, Japan, Malaysia, Mauritius, Montenegro, Qatar, Morocco, South Africa, Botswana and Ukraine, to mention but a few.
In addition, it is likely that Turkey will enter a visa-free deal with the European Union in the near future, which would make their passport even more valuable.
What’s more, gaining Turkish Citizenship by property investment means that you will be eligible for the USA’s E2 Visa Program as well as the UK’s Turkish Businessperson Visa, affording you the opportunity to access the UK and the US – despite the Trump administration’s banning of Nigerian emigrants.
Another key benefit of Turkey’s golden passport program is that you only have to own the property for a period of 3 years – after that, you can sell the property and retain your second citizenship.
RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT PROGRAMS:
1) EU Schengen Residency By Investment:
The following EU countries offer foreign investors the ability to acquire residency rights by investment, with investment requirements starting from €200,000: Malta, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Belgium.
2) Anguilla Residency By Investment (Anguilla Residency by Investment / ARBI):
Offering foreign investors an attractive taxation regime in a world class setting, the Anguilla investment residency program requires a non-refundable government donation of $150,000, or, alternatively, a qualifying real estate investment of no less than $750,000.
3) Irish Immigrant Investor Program (IIP) via the Irish Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF)
Investing €1 million in the Ireland Diaspora Loan Fund (IDLF) for a period of 5 years enables non-EEA investors to obtain Irish Residency By Investment. With 6 to 9 months, you can obtain Stamp 4 residency status, issued for a period of 2 years, and renewable for 5 years, giving you, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 24 the ability to live, study or start a business in Ireland. After an initial 5 year period, your residency can be renewed indefinitely every 5 years, provided that you remain financially stable and don’t become a burden to the Irish state. You also need to maintain your good international standing.
A key benefit of the Irish IIP program is that you only need to spend 1 day per year in Ireland. If you maintain in-country residency for 5 years, you will also become eligible to apply for Irish Citizenship.
4) Portugal HQA Visa
Launched in 2019, the Portugal HQA Visa Program is an excellent – and more affordable – alternative to the country’s Golden Visa Program. Priced at only €175,000, all-in, the HQA Visa is a hybrid program requiring the establishment of a Portuguese enterprise and an investment in technologically focused research, or research and development.
The research project has to be launched in collaboration with a Portuguese university or public research institution, and should typically be technology focused. The startup incubator responsible for developing the HQA residency program in collaboration with the Portuguese government pairs applicants with a public research facility willing to undertake the research project.
The university then issues and endorsement of the visa applicant, which in turn enables them to meet the requirements of the D3 classified Highly Qualified Activity Visa Program.
In addition, the applicant undergoes a concierge style business incubation process for 3 years. During this time, the applicant can be as hands-on or as hands-off as they choose; the startup incubation partners can handle the day to to startup operations and oversee the research activities on the ground.
The HQA Visa offers the same flexibility as a Golden Visa, aka no/low minimum stay requirements, and costs around 30% of the price of the standard Golden Visa €500,000, or €350,000 for the reduced price option. Given that it is already too late to apply on the basis of a real estate purchase in Lisbon or Porto, the HQA Program looks increasingly appealing going into 2022.
5) Canada Startup Visa Program (2022):
Launched in April 2013, the Canadian Startup Visa Program is ideally suited to the needs of high-potential entrepreneurs and Founders seeking to make Canada their home. The program has 3 streams, namely:
- a) The applicant must secure an angel investment of at least $75,000 from a designated angel investor group, OR;
- b) They must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 from a designated Canadian venture capital fund, OR;
- c) The applicant has to be accepted into a business incubation program by a designated business incubator (a concierge-style incubation program for this options exists, offering a 100% application success rate, with money-back guarantee options available…
The program’s popularity has spiked in the past few years, predominantly driven by the following favorable factors:
- The Startup Visa Program has no minimum net worth requirement (unlike most of the Provincial Nominee Programs, or PNPs, in Canada).
- The Canadian Startup Visa has one of the easiest language proficiency requirements of all Canadian immigration streams, being a minimum level of 5/12 for either French OR English (IELTS or similar).
- Unlike with many other settlement and residency programs, applicants can obtain permanent residency status in Canada within just 15 to 19 months.
Contact us below to find out more.
Want to find out more about second residency and investment citizenship? Contact us today
To learn more or apply for second residency or citizenship outside of Nigeria, contact us now for more information.