Looking for flight schedules and cheap airfares on Arik Airlines? Compare and book online now, or find out about Nigeria’s top domestic airline here.
About the airline
Founded in 2002, Arik Airlines (www.arikair.com) is Nigeria and west Africa’s biggest commercial carrier in terms of passenger numbers, operating regular scheduled flights to Abuja, Accra Benin City, Kano, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, Yola, Warri, London, New York and Johannesburg, among other key destinations. The airline took over the facilities of the now defunct Nigeria Airways almost three years after it was liquidated due to poor business practice and ongoing corruption issues.
Headquartered at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos State, the airline operates a fleet of 25 aircraft flying to 26 destinations. The airline’s key hubs are situated at Kotoka, Murtala and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airports.
The main routes operated by Arik Airlines (IATA: W3) include the following key destination combinations:
- Flights from Abuja to: Accra, Benin City, Calabar, Enugu, Gombe, Ibadan, Ilorin, Kano, Lagos, Maiduguri, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Sokoto, Warri and Yola.
- Flights from Accra to: Abuja, Lagos and Monrovia
- Flights from Banjul to: Dakar and Freetown
- Flights from Benin City to: Abuja and Lagos
- Flights from Calabar to: Abuja and Lagos
- Flights from Dakar to: Banjul and Lagos
- Flights from Enugu to: Abuja and Lagos
- Flights from Freetown to: Banjul and Lagos
- Flights from Johannesburg to: Lagos
- Flights from Kano to: – Abuja, Lagos andSokoto
- Flights from Lagos to: Abuja, Accra, Benin City, Calabar, Dakar, Douala, Enugu, Freetown, Johannesburg, Jos, Kaduna, Kano, London, Luanda, New York, Owerri, Port Harcourt, Uyo and Warri.
- Flights from London to: Lagos
- Flights from New York to: Lagos.
To download the latest updated Arik Airlines flight schedule, click here:
International flight times and frequency to Lagos
- London to Lagos: 6 hours 55 minutes, 3 or more flights per day
- Manchester to Lagos: 9 hours 10 minutes, 1 stop, 5 or more flights per week
- New York to Lagos: 12 hours 20 minutes, 3 or more flights per week
- Birmingham to Lagos: 9 hours 35 minutes, 5 or more flights per week
- Glasgow to Lagos: 9 hours 15 minutes, 5 or more flights per week
- Johannesburg to Lagos: 6 hours 10 minutes, 2 flights per day
- Sao Paolo to Lagos: 17 hours, 45 minutes, 1 stop, 4 or more flights per week.
By the beginning of 2017, the Arik Airlines fleet of 25 aircraft includes a mix of Airbus A330s (2), A340s (1) and Boeing 737s (13), among other airplane models. As it stands, at 6 July 2017, at least 16 of Arik’s 26 aircraft are currently grounded. In comparison, the Air Peace fleet is fully operational.
When is the best time to visit Lagos?
Lagos receives most of its tourism related visitors between October and January. The weather is consistently warm year round, with the warmest months – February and March, being the quietest period for inbound visitors. If you’re looking for cheap flights to Lagos, the best months to book are around April to July, and October to November, respectively. The best time to visit Lagos is during the dry season, being from August to September, or between December and March. If you’re looking to experience true Nigerian culture, visiting during a festival such as the Lagos Black Heritage Festival, taking place in April, is highly recommended.
Which other airlines fly to Lagos?
Fuel shortages and forex extraction issues have seen a number of international airlines, including United Airlines and Iberia, cancel their flights to Nigeria. British Airways and Virgin Atlantic are the two main airlines that operate flights from London to Lagos, while Arik itself also operates regular scheduled flights from Heathrow to Lagos. If flying from any other UK city, you’ll most likely need to catch a connecting flight.
Booking Arik Airlines flights online
Compare and book your own Arik Airline flights using the above flight search engine now, or try booking directly at www.arikair.com – NOT www.arikairlines.com or www.arikairlines.com.ng.